Queen’s Platinum Jubilee on the Isle of Wight
Excitement is certainly building to mark a very special royal occasion – The Platinum Jubilee, which is celebrating the Queen being on the throne for 70 years as she was coronated on June 2, 1953.
We are being treated to an extra bank holiday so that everyone can see this special event and enjoy the celebrations. Even a “Platinum Pudding competition” has been launched to invite members of the public to create a dessert in honour of the Queen’s 70 year reign.
These type occasions can bring communities together and the Isle of Wight is looking forward to celebrating with residents and visitors. While street parties are being planned across the UK, there will be something for everyone to enjoy with food and fun to celebrate this momentous occasion.
The Bank Holiday will take place between Thursday 2nd June 2022 and Sunday 5th June 2022. It is expected that the Isle of Wight will have a number of events held, very similar to those that took place in 2012 for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
- On Sunday 5th June, Breast Cancer Now will be hosting a street party / community tea party with old fashioned tea, cakes and sandwiches, – dressing up for the occasion if you would like to. This event will be held in Fitzroy Street, Sandown. TBC.
- Aspire Ryde are holding a children’s Jubilee tea party on Saturday 4th June at Arreton Barns, 10-4pm, with stalls and fun for all of the family.
- Ventnor Angling and Social Club are hosting a vintage style tea party on Sunday 5th June from 1pm. Tickets are £3 and can be booked through Facebook or a committee member. Family fun and games including a children’s teddy bear picnic.
- There will be a community party at Jubilee Field, Freshwater on Friday 3rd June from 11am-8pm. Local artists, crafters, jewellery makers and displays will be there, organised by Freshwater Parish Council.
- On 2nd – 4th June, Tapnell Farm are celebrating the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee! Join us them in The Cabin where you can craft your own tiara, crown and flag! You’ll then be ready to join their ‘Paddock Parade’ – Can you spot their new arrival? The Coffee House will be serving extra special treats and you’ll be able to see their NEW family fun show! Plus there’s paddock tours, animal activities, keeper talks and all the usual fun on the farm!
Click on the images below to make them larger for viewing:
More updates of Islandwide events to follow.
(Blog updated 19th May 2022)