Our Guide To The Best Isle Of Wight Accommodation For Families
Every year during the school holidays, lots of families will come to the Isle of Wight for their summer holiday and it is undoubtedly the perfect location for a summer getaway with your children, no matter how old they may be. There are so many things to do and places to see on the island that are brilliant for families and you definitely won’t be bored whether you spend your days at the beach or exploring the popular tourist attractions.
When you’re planning a family holiday to the island, you will likely be wondering where is best to stay and you really will be spoilt for choice. There are so many different Isle Of Wight accommodation options to choose from, many of which are perfect for families. So, to help you narrow things down a little bit, below are some of what we think are the best places to stay when you’re on a family holiday.
There are a number of brilliant campsites on the Isle Of Wight, whether you’re wanting to stay on the coast or in the countryside, and many of them have brilliant facilities on-site for families. If you have your own touring caravan or tent, then take a look at one of the following for your visit to the island;
- Heathfield Camping – nestled in the unspoilt countryside, this simple campsite has a large separate playing field which is perfect for ball games and two public BBQ areas with picnic tables to enjoy when the sun is shining.
- Grange Farm Camping – not only is this campsite on a working farm and there are a number of animals you can meet during your stay, but there is a children’s play area on-site too and a small area for football/cricket.
- The Orchards Holiday Park – whilst technically a holiday park, there are touring pitches available here and there are indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools on-site as well as children’s play equipment, pool tables and table tennis.
If you’d prefer to stay in Isle of Wight accommodation that is a little bit more traditional, there are plenty of hotels and B&Bs on the island as well. Whilst there are some adult-only places to stay, the majority of hotels and B&Bs gladly welcome families and when considering this type of accommodation, look at the following;
- The Carlton Hotel – only a stone’s throw away from the popular sandy beaches in Shanklin, this small hotel is a brilliant location for beach babies and their deluxe family room even has a private balcony.
- Sands Hotel – you will find this hotel opposite Sandown beach and it is another great option for a beach holiday. With an outside swimming pool and live entertainment, the whole family can enjoy themselves here.
- Lakeside Park Hotel – located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this hotel is great if you want to escape to the country and it has brilliant facilities on-site as well as interconnecting rooms suitable for families.
Family-friendly holiday parks
Arguably, one of the most popular Isle of Wight accommodation options for families is holiday parks and they are almost always created with children in mind. There are a multitude of brilliant holiday parks here on the island that are ideal for family holidays and if you’re interested in hiring a chalet, caravan or log cabin, take a look at;
- Whitecliff Bay Holiday Park – situated on the cliffs in Bembridge, this holiday park provides everything families want for their Isle of Wight holiday. With daily entertainment, activities, a soft play area, playground and swimming pool, it is perfect.
- Bay Colwell – this unique development of holiday cottages is in a brilliant location to explore the island. It has an indoor heated swimming pool, private hot tubs and an entertainment programme to enjoy as well.
- St Helens Coastal Resort – offering a collection of modern lodges and caravans, this is another great place to stay and again, they have a swimming pool and private hot tubs for guests. It is just a short walk from the beach too.
Finding the best Isle Of Wight accommodation for your family
No matter what type of accommodation you’re wanting to stay in when you visit the island, it is fair to say that there really are a number of brilliant family-friendly options available and you won’t struggle to find somewhere that is perfect. It is definitely worthwhile looking into all of the different Isle Of Wight accommodation options mentioned above in more detail, they are all a great choice for families with children of all ages.
If you’re wanting to find out more about the island before you visit, whether you’re wondering what family-friendly attractions are worth visiting or what the best family-friendly eateries are, be sure to check out the rest of our website. We have lots of other blogs that will likely be beneficial for you to read before your visit and there is so much more information about the Isle of Wight on our site too. We hope you have an amazing trip to the island.