Be A Roman For The Day – and have the most fun on Isle of Wight Day!
HERE COMES THE FUN!
Festivities are taking place at Brading Roman Villa, where Island residents can discover its heritage and enjoy a family fun day all for just £1 entry, on proof of Island residency – under 5’s go free.
There will be a packed programme of events taking place during the day. The activities on the day include:
- Join Nipper’s Army as part of our ‘Roman Parade.’ Make your own fantastic swords and shields on the day, in our creative zone, or bring along any creations you have already made.
- Take part in our Roman soldier school, with training sessions running throughout the day.
- Explore the amazing Roman Villa and chat to real life Romans!
- Have fun at the Victorian funfair or on the bouncy castles.
- Enjoy a wide range of food and refreshments, to suit all tastes.
- We have an Arena packed full of entertainment for the whole family.
- See over 40 voluntary and community organisations who have been brought together by Community Action to highlight all the things they do to support Island life. It could inspire you to know more or possibly become a volunteer!
Jasmine Wroath, Museum Manager, comments: “Brading Roman Villa is looking forward to hosting this year’s event and sharing part of the Island’s ancient historical past with the community. We can’t wait to introduce everyone to our visiting Roman Legion who will be stationed at the villa all day, ready to share their stories of life during the Roman period and train you to become a Roman Soldier! It will be a fun filled day full of activity and a great celebration of the rich history and community spirit of the Isle of Wight.”
The fun runs from 10am to 4pm on Saturday September 16th.
For more details, click here.