Say hello to Monkey Haven, the gold award-winning primate rescue centre that makes animals happy – and people happy. It’s a place to relax, have fun and meet some fascinating creatures.
The Island’s favourite sanctuary is a winner of VisitEngland’s Best Small Attraction and ranked the top animal attraction on TripAdvisor with five full stars.
Monkey Haven specialises in primate care and is home to over 19 species, including the singing Lar gibbons and mighty Siamangs and Mueller’s gibbons, plus Mangabeys, Colobus monkeys, Javan langurs, critically endangered Cotton-top tamarins and many more.
Catch the keeper talks and animal feeds throughout the day to learn about the amazing residents, their personalities, and how they came to be at the Haven. Many were rescued from tragic situations, found tied up in airports, or badly neglected by their previous owners.
It’s not just monkeys you’ll see – visit the reptiles and minibeast, meet the meerkat mob, and you could even get the chance to handle a snake or get up close to an owl.
The animal carers have won a top award for their talks – VisitEngland’s Best Told Story accolade, so don’t miss them!
There’s loads to see and do including…
* Visit the new Eco primate lodge, powered by solar energy – watch the capuchin family enjoying their wonderful new home, both inside and out! Further rescues arriving in 2024.
* Download the FREE awesome App. Follow trails, collect virtual bananas and see behind the scenes using our secret hot spots!
* FREE activity booklet for kids, including a treat trail.
* Have a hoot with the owls – meet many rescued birds of prey, including Great Grey owls, Barn owls, Eagle owls, Boobooks. Plus say hello to Ketch and Oakley at the daily owl talks.
* Get up close to a snake at our ‘Reptile Rendezvous’ and meet some scaly friends in our Reptile Lodge, including a Chinese Water Dragon
* Two fun play areas for children (under 5’s and over 5’s).
* Pop into Xhabu’s Tea Room for hot and cold refreshments, chill out at the Ice cream lodge or enjoy your own al fresco feast in the picnic areas.
There’s free Wifi, two kids’ play areas, a lovely gift shop and tea room where tasty treats are served throughout the day. The Haven has full disabled access and free parking – and tickets are valid for a free return trip within 7 days!
The Quiet Hour is a time for people with hidden disabilities and additional needs, such as autism, to enjoy the Haven. The Quiet Hour runs from 9am to 10am on Wednesdays and Saturdays making Monkey Haven more accessible to everyone. For more information and to book tickets please click here:
Charity Film Awards – Peoples choice Award 2022
Red Funnel Isle of Wight Awards – Best Small Attraction Gold winner 2023 and Best Green Business Silver winner 2023.
Monkey Haven is a charity and all proceeds from your visit will go towards caring for the animals you’ll meet. Come and hang out and have fun at this multi award-winning sanctuary where a very warm welcome awaits.