The Railway Folk
Ahoy Me Hearties!
This year The Railway Folk find themselves dealing with a pirate invasion at Havenstreet following the arrival of Shady Lady at high tide. Will Burt get to finally eat his sausages off the shovel or will the ship’s crew get to them first? Can you help Tamp and Jenny find the buried treasure? And will Nipper and Penny execute their plan to make Mr Beeching walk the plank?
Three days of fun and chaos with The Railway Folk – who are guaranteed to be anything but sensible. Be awed by the stories of Pirate Paul, entertained by our pirate skills workshop or make your way through the watery world of our giant sunken galleon, all included in the price of your ticket.
Featuring Jenny, Tamp, Ratchet, Burt, Max, Penny, Dusty, Nipper, Mrs Cumberpatch, Old George, Mr Beeching, Smokebox the Station Cat and Basil the Mouse, this host of captivating characters and imaginative street theatre will appeal to everyone aged from 2 to 102 years!
Included in your ticket are all sorts of fun and activities for families to enjoy, including:
• Shady Lady pirate ship and skills workshop with Shademakers
• Steam train rides – special two train service in operation
• Pirate Paul
• Watery World Sunken Galleon giant inflatable
• Bird of prey displays on the events field by Haven Falconry*
• Fun with Old George, who will be showing off his ‘chicken juggling’ skills
• Woodland walk and woodland stage
• A wide selection of refreshments are available for purchase in our refreshment rooms and ‘T’ Junction kiosk
• Picnic areas
• And our Train Story Discovery Centre with interactive gallery for parents and children to enjoy.
*Haven Falconry Bird of Prey Centre – special event reduced entry price.